Quality Assurance Testerin Christchurch, New Zealand
NV Play is delivering industry defining cricket technology solutions. We work with a broad range of international cricketing organisations and are on a mission to change the game.
We are looking for an experienced QA Tester with a strong understanding of and passion for the game of cricket. This role will be central to our product release processes, and you will be a key member of our our product and support teams.
To be successful in this role, you will have a deep passion for cricket, a sound understanding of software development best practices, an authentic personality and proven experience in quickly understanding complex workflows in order to accurately & thoroughly assess & test their function.
Preference will be given to those applicants who have excellent & proven experience in a fast moving product development environment. Bonus points if you can start tomorrow.
We're looking for someone ...
- with 4+ years’ real world experience working as a tester at a intermediate level, preferably within a product development environment
- who has a passion for ensuring robust, reliable software is delivered in a timely manner through a combination of manual testing and automation processes where practical
- with a background in software development and is comfortable jumping into code when needed to identify issues or build out Unit Tests using Microsoft technologies including C# and .NET
- with experience using frameworks such as Selenium and WebDriver for testing Web Applications, APIs, WPF Desktop and Mobile applications
- ideally experienced in testing real-time video applications, with an understanding of video formats and networks being a big advantage
- technical adaptability and versatility, ideally with experience across all layers from front-end to back-end
- who has experience working in an Agile product development team, or a strong desire to do so
- who is able to work both autonomously and as part of a larger team
- who has an eye for detail and can appreciate what goes into delivering robust, highly usable software products
- who is an excellent communicator & plays well with others
- who loves cricket as much as we do
You will have …
- an exceptionally organised approach to work, life and 'getting sh*t done'
- an ability to look critically at problems you encounter, focussing on customer satisfaction
- a strong knowledge of modern software development practices and trends
- the capacity to think both holistically and pragmatically about the challenge in front of you, within the context of our broader platform offering
- strong communication skills, both written and in person
- a focus on quality, and get enjoyment from successfully testing everything that passes your desk
- the ability to work closely with the broader team to ensure we always exceed our clients' expectations
- a natural curiosity and a drive to both understand & keep pace with the changing business & technology landscape
- did we mention an eye for detail? If your friends call you pedantic, then you really should talk to us
We can offer you …
- a varied & interesting flow of work working with some of the biggest names in cricket
- collaboration woth a talented and proven product team
- strong support from a hands on management team with a commitment to quality
- a high profile office located on the edge of the central city
- exclusive access to our on-site private bar and thinking room
- a great work environment that requires a good sense of humour
If you are experienced, professional, positive, motivated and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with good people (who love cricket as much as you do!) then we want to talk to you.
To apply, please supply an up to date CV and a short submission as to why we should consider you for this role. Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid work permit, and be available in Christchurch, New Zealand for interviews.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.