NV Play is delivering industry defining cricket technology solutions. We work with a broad range of international cricketing organisations and are on a mission to change the game.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Lead to take a hands-on role in managing and directing our growing product team, working closely with the company directors and senior management. This is a new role, and a key one as we look to build on our success to date.
To be successful in this role, you will have a deep passion of the game of cricket, a sound understanding of software development principles and an authentic personality.
Preference will be given to those applicants who have excellent & proven experience in a fast moving product development environment. A decent average won't hurt either.
Bonus points if you can start tomorrow.
We're looking for someone to ...
- lead the overall technical architecture of the NV Play product and platform, ensuring it is fit for purpose and able to operate at a global scale
- assume line management of the wider technical development team and contractor pool
- work closely with the operating directors to build product and platform knowledge as part of an orchestrated transition of responsibilities
- monitor team wellbeing, capabilities & resourcing, and highlight issues, gaps & opportunities to management
- stay abreast of general changes in the software industry and development tooling, approaches and frameworks, ensuring that NV Play product offerings evolve with industry best practices
- drive the evolution & implementation of our development processes and practices
- spearhead future recruitment initiatives and play a key role in growing the development team
- help us change the game of cricket forever
You will have …
- 5+ years’ real world development experience, including 2+ at a team lead level or similar, ideally within a product development environment
- a passion for designing robust, well architected software solutions leveraging Microsoft technologies and tools, specifically .NET, SQL Server and Azure
- a high degree of technical adaptability and versatility, ideally with hands-on experience across all layers from front-end to back-end
- real world experience working within an Agile product development team
- an excellent communication style, both written and in person, and play well with others
- an exceptionally organised approach to work, life and 'getting sh*t done'
- the capacity to think holistically about the challenge in front of you, within the context of our broader platform offering
- an eye for detail, and get enjoyment from successfully testing everything that passes your desk
- the ability to work closely with the broader team to ensure we always exceed our clients' expectations
- a natural curiosity and a drive to both understand & keep pace with the changing business & technology landscape
- did we mention an eye for detail? If your friends call you pedantic, then you really should talk to us
If you proudly classify yourself as a true cricket tragic, and are experienced, professional, positive, motivated and enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with good people, then we want to talk to you.
To apply, please supply an up to date CV and a short submission as to why we should consider you for this role. Applicants for this position must have New Zealand residency or a valid work permit, and be available in Christchurch, New Zealand for interviews.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.